1. Definition of terms
- Licensed software: "Licensed software" means a program, which name is “GR Remote”.
- Reproduction: "Reproduction" means reproducing the Licensed software on a storage device in the same format as of the Licensed software or in a different format.
- Modification: "Modification" means performing alternations or making additions to the Licensed software, or creating separate software that makes use of all or a portion of the Licensed software.
2. Grant of license
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. (“RIM”) grants a non-exclusive license to the user for use, reproduction and modification of the Licensed software except commercial purposes on the condition that the user shall comply with the terms and conditions of this software license agreement.
3. Reproduction of the Licensed software
The user shall not reproduce the Licensed software over the licensed range under this software license agreement.
4. Modifying the Licensed software
The user shall not modify the Licensed software over the licensed range under this software license agreement.
5. Purpose of use of modified Licensed software
The user may use the modified Licensed software only in its personal purpose and shall not use it in commercial purposes.
6. Property rights and copyright
The copyright and other property rights for the Licensed software and for reproductions of the Licensed software belong to RIM regardless of any reason. The user shall not remove the copyright notations from the Licensed software or from reproductions of the Licensed software.
7. Grant of sublicense
The user shall not transfer possession of the Licensed software or reproductions of the Licensed software to third parties, and the user shall not transfer the license nor grant a sublicense of the Licensed software to third parties.
8. Agreement period
This software license agreement is effective on the day the user starts using the Licensed software and is valid until the time the user stops use. Provided that, when the user has violated any portion of this software license agreement, RIM may revoke the license granted to the user for the Licensed software and terminate the software license agreement.
9. Obligations after termination
After the software license agreement is terminated, the user, at the user's own responsibility, shall dispose of the Licensed software after rendering it into a state where it cannot be used by third parties, and dispose of reproductions of the Licensed software, and all materials related to the Licensed software.
10. Guarantee of the Licensed software
RIM shall not guarantee that the Licensed software is suitable for the user's designated purposes, or that the Licensed software is useful, or that this Licensed software is free from defects, nor shall RIM make any other guarantees related to the Licensed software.
11. RIM's responsibilities
RIM assumes no responsibility under any circumstance for direct or indirect damage or damage from ripple effects that occurs from using the Licensed software, for damage to data, programs, or other intangible properties, or for loss of usage benefits and lost profits.
12. Responsibility for employees
The user assumes all responsibility that the user's employees (those employees that the user has a responsibility to manage or monitor based on an employment relationship) fully comprehend the obligations set forth in this software license agreement and faithfully fulfill those obligations.