Basic Policy for Personal Information Protection
Ricoh Imaging Company, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as RICOH Imaging) recognizes the importance of "Protection and use of personal information" in the global information society. In handling all personal information provided in the course of business, RICOH Imaging will comply with relevant laws and regulations and other criteria. Furthermore, RICOH Imaging will implement, apply, and manage voluntary rules in view of international trends for personal information protection. The rules will be instructed to and followed by all employees and other parties concerned, and will be maintained and reviewed continually.
- RICOH Imaging will acquire personal information by lawful and appropriate means, and will not collect personal information by improper means.
- RICOH Imaging will specify the purposes of use of personal information, and handle the personal information within the scope necessary for accomplishing the purposes of use.
- RICOH Imaging will endeavor to keep the acquired personal information accurate and up-to-date within the scope necessary for the purposes of use.
- RICOH Imaging will take necessary and appropriate steps such as protection from destruction, leakage, and modification, etc. to ensure the security of personal information in handling the personal information.
- RICOH Imaging will give proper consideration to allow a person who is the subject of personal information (the principal) to be appropriately involved in the handling of same information.
Ricoh Imaging Company, Ltd.
Handling of Personal Information
Ricoh Imaging Company, Ltd. (hereafter referred to as RICOH Imaging) recognizes that protection of the personal information of all people (hereafter referred to as the principal) whose personal information is provided to RICOH Imaging is an important responsibility for a business organization that handles personal information. RICOH Imaging hereby establishes this policy for handling personal information and will endeavor to protect personal information.
1.Management of personal information
In order to prevent leakage, loss, destruction, etc. of personal information, RICOH Imaging endeavors to protect personal information in its possession complying with laws, regulations, guidelines, and internal rules and take appropriate safety control measures. Employees of RICOH Imaging will be trained on proper handling of personal information so that they may make best efforts to protect the personal information.
2.Acquisition and purposes of use of personal information
(1) RICOH Imaging will acquire personal information by proper means in the spirit of compliance with laws. When RICOH intends to acquire personal information directly from the individual in writing or through the Web site, RICOH Imaging will clarify purposes of use of the personal information. However, RICOH Imaging may omit clarification of the purposes of use if they are obvious from the circumstances where the personal information is provided.
(2) RICOH Imaging will use personal information within the scope necessary for accomplishing the purposes of use stated in "List of Businesses and Purposes of Use" hereby attached.
(3) As for the personal information RICOH Imaging had acquired, compiled, and retained in its database before the Personal Information Protection Act came into force in Japan (April 1, 2005), RICOH Imaging may continue to use such personal information for the above purposes of use.
(4) When a certain business is transferred to RICOH Imaging through merger, split-up, business transfer, etc. so that personal information is provided to RICOH Imaging, RICOH Imaging will use the personal information within the scope to which the individual has given consent, or within the scope necessary for accomplishing the purposes of use having been notified or announced before the transfer.
(5) RICOH Imaging may acquire or use personal information beyond the scope of the purposes of use without obtaining individual prior consent in the following cases: 1) obligation by laws or regulations, 2) protection of human life, limb, or property; 3) cooperation to national organization, etc. is necessary.
3.Provision of personal information to a third party
RICOH Imaging does not provide personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
(1) When the principal has given a prior consent
(2) When the personal information is provided for use by business partners such as subcontractors, agents, etc. who are appropriately supervised by RICOH Imaging.
(3) When personal information is shared among RICOH Imaging subsidiaries and affiliated companies.
(4) When the personal information has been acquired for the purpose of providing said information to a third party, and when its purposes, data items to be provided, provision means, contact persons for requesting cessation of use are notified or put in an easily accessible state.
(5) When the personal information is required to protect human life, limb, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the principal.
(6) When a judicial or administrative organization demands provision of personal information according to laws and regulations.
(7) When RICOH Imaging provides the personal information to other parties because of merger, split-up, business transfer, etc.
4.Inquiries and procedures for disclosure, etc. of personal information
(1) When the principal or his/her legal representative wishes to access, change, or cease using the personal information, please contact RICOH Imaging.
(2) At the time of inquiry, RICOH Imaging may wish to confirm that the requesting person is the principal or his/her legal representative.
(3) RICOH Imaging may not respond to requests if RICOH Imaging cannot confirm that the requesting person is the principal or his/her legal representative, or if RICOH Imaging is not required to do so under Japanese law.
5.Handling of access log information on the Website
RICOH Imaging website may acquire customer’s access log information on RICOH Imaging website such as using browser, page browsing history, IP address, etc. within the purposes of use stated in “List of Businesses and Purposes of Use” described in the article 2.
(1) Purposes of using access information
<1> To identify a browser in use or a user to facilitate authentication.
<2> To understand the use of the Website and mail news, and to improve their contents.
<3> To customize the contents of the Website for each customer.
<4> To properly display the advertisement of RICOH Imaging group companies.
<5> To understand use of services and improve contents of services where personal information is registered in advance.
<6> To associate the access information with customer’s information and to provide a variety of information and proposal.
(2) Prevention of unauthorized access
Prevention of unauthorized access during transmission RICOH Imaging will use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect data from unauthorized accesses by a third party during transmission when a customer as the principal provides confidential information such as his/her personal information through the Website operated by RICOH Imaging. However, such a technology may not be used depending on the computer environment of the customer, and RICOH Imaging also offers web pages for browsers not supporting SSL. However, it should be noted that information on such pages may not be encrypted.
(4) Use of Google Analytics
Please see the following site to know details of Google Analytics.
(5) Handling of personal information on linked pages
RICOH Imaging takes no responsibility for handling of personal information on the websites linked to the RICOH Imaging website, operated by a third party other than RICOH Imaging or RICOH Imaging group companies.
RICOH Imaging may update this "Handling of Personal Information" because of revisions of purposes of use, improvement of safety, or according to revisions of related laws, regulations, or criteria. Therefore, RICOH Imaging recommends to periodically check "Handling Of Personal Information" on RICOH Imaging Web site, etc.
(*1) "Personal data retained by RICOH Imaging" refers to personal data that RICOH Imaging has authority to disclose, correct, or stop using, and has been retained by RICOH Imaging for more than six months.
(*2) A "cookie" refers to identification information sent from a Web server when the browser accessed a Web site. The browser sends back the information to the Web server when accessing the site again.
(*3) A "web beacon" refers to a small image file included on a Web page used to record an access of the page.