HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mmF4.5-5.6ED DC AW
- 35mm Full Frame
This super-telephoto zoom lens has been developed to cover focal lengths from 150mm to 450mm — a focal-length range most demanded by high-end PENTAX-camera users
It features the PENTAX-original, high-grade HD Coating to produce extra-sharp, high-contrast images even under demanding lighting conditions such as in backlight. It also incorporates three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass elements and an Anomalous Dispersion Glass element to effectively compensate chromatic aberration. Its dustproof, weather-resistant body also makes it extremely dependable and durable in demanding outdoor conditions.
Hoods and Cap included
JAN-Code / 4549212 286933
Aperture F5.6, Shutter speed 1/25sec, Focal length 190mm Photo by Masaaki Aihara
Aperture F8.0, Shutter speed 1/15sec, Focal length 190mm Photo by Masaaki Aihara
Aperture F8.0, Shutter speed 1/1000sec, Focal length 410mm Photo by Yoshiaki Kobayashi
Aperture F5.6, Shutter speed 1/200sec, Focal length 330mm Photo by Yoshiaki Kobayashi
Aperture F9.0, Shutter speed 1/250sec, Focal length 220mm Photo by Yoshiaki Kobayashi
Aperture F5.6, Shutter speed 1/100sec, Focal length 200mm Photo by Yoshiaki Kobayashi
Aperture F5.6, Shutter speed 1/160sec, Focal length 450mm Photo by Yoshiaki Kobayashi
Aperture F5.6, Shutter speed 1/400sec, Focal length 230mm Photo by Yoshiaki Kobayashi
Aperture F6.3, Shutter speed 1/250sec, Focal length 290mm Photo by Yoshiaki Kobayashi
Aperture F8.0, Shutter speed 1/250sec, Focal length 450mm Photo by Yoshiaki Kobayashi
Features / Specifications
- Super-telephoto coverage with three-times zoom ratio
- This zoom lens covers a super-telephoto range from 150mm to 450mm. It is designed to be compact and light enough to handhold during long-range shooting of such subjects as wildlife, aircraft and sports.
- Outstanding image description
- Thanks to its state-of-the-art optics featuring three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass elements and one Anomalous Dispersion Glass element, this zoom lens effectively minimizes spherical and chromatic aberrations, while producing crisp, high-quality images free of color bleeding.
- HD Coating to optimize image rendition
- This lens is treated with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating. Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating assures higher light transmittance and less reflection to deliver bright, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight.
- Dustproof, weather-resistant construction
- Developed as an AW (All Weather) model, this zoom lens features a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant construction with 21 special seals to prevent the intrusion of water and dust particles into the lens interior. By pairing it with a PENTAX weather-resistant digital SLR camera body, it assures a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings — even in rain or mist, or at locations prone to water splashes or spray.
- Newly installed three-position switch for Quick-Shift Focus System
- In order to improve its operability, a three-position switch is newly installed on this lens, allowing instant switching among QFS/A, QFS/M and MF modes. QFS/A is an autofocus-priority mode, which allows the user to switch to manual-focusing operation only when autofocus operation is completed. QFS/M is a manual-focus-priority mode, which enables the user to switch to manual focusing at any time — even when the AF system is in operation. MF mode allows the user to instantly switch to manual focusing with a simple twist of the focus ring on the lens. With a choice of three distinctive modes, the user is assured of speedier, more accurate focusing operation for a given subject or application.
- Four AF buttons installed on the lens barrel
- In order to provide more stable AF operation and better hold of the lens regardless of the camera’s orientation — horizontal or vertical — this lens provides four AF buttons on its barrel — one at every 90 degrees.* The user can assign preferred settings to these AF buttons, including: a Focus Preset mode to preprogram the focus position and instantly shift the focus to that position; and an AF Cancel mode to intentionally fix the focus at a desired point during Continuous AF operation.
* Corresponding models are K-1 Mark II, K-1, KP, K-3II, K-3, K-70, K-S2, K-S1. For K-3 and K-S1, Firmware upgrade is required. Link to the latest firmware
- Other features
- ・Smooth, quiet AF operation using a lens-installed AF driving motor
・Round-shaped diaphragm to produce a natural, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources
・Focus range limiter to minimize AF operation time by fixing the focus range to one of three sub-ranges
・SP (Super Protect) coating to keep the front surface free of dust and stains
・Zoom lock lever to prevent the lens barrel from free-falling
・Detachable tripod mounting with a newly designed anti-falling mechanism
- 【MTF Chart】
- Geometric optics MTF (MTF calculated without referencing the effects of light diffraction phenomenon)
- Wave optical MTF (MTF calculated referencing the effects of light diffraction phenomenon)
Spatial Frequencies S:Sagittal M:Meridional 10 lines/mm 30 lines/mm
|Focal length (Equivalent in 35mm format)||150-450mm
Equivalent to 230-690mm in 35mm format (when attached to PENTAX APS-C size DSLR cameras)
|Angle of View||16.5-5.5°(when attached to PENTAX 35mm full-frame SLR cameras)
10.7-3.6°(when attached to PENTAX APS-C size DSLR cameras)
|Lens construction||18 elements / 14 groups|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9
Rounded aperture（150mm: F4.5-8 450mm: F5.6-8）
|Closest focusing distance||2m|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.22x|
|Diameter x length||Approx.95mm x 241.5mm (3.7 in. x 9.5 in.)|
|Weight||Approx.2000g /70.5 oz (with hood Approx.2130g /75.1 oz)
(with hood and tripod mount Approx.2325g/82.0 oz)
Compatible converters (Click here for details)
A1.4X-S A2X-S HD PENTAX-DA AF REAR CONVERTER 1.4x AW
Phase-matching: △ Contrast-detection: △
*When mounted, this converter closes down the lens’s maximum aperture by one stop.