smc PENTAX-DA★16-50mmF2.8ED AL[IF] SDM
Standard zoom lens with outstanding sharpness and stunning expressive capability
Featuring sharp resolution, deep contrast, and clear and brilliant color reproduction
This Star lens series brings out the best quality in your digital images by superior imaging performance with low distortion at the super wide end and a brightness of F2.8 over the entire zoom range.
Built-in ultrasonic motor (SDM mechanism)
This lens features a compact ultrasonic motor for enabling an internal AF mechanism (SDM mechanism). It also includes a brake function for easy speed and position control to enable smooth and precise AF operation.
When the lens is attached to a SDM-compatible digital SLR camera, operation automatically switches to the AF by the SDM mechanism (Note 1). When the lens is attached to a non-SDM digital SLR camera, AF operation can be performed by the motor in the camera body (Note 2).
Note 1: SDM-compatible PENTAX digital SLR cameras include the K-7, K20D, K200D, K-ｘ, K-m, K10D (firmware version 1.30 or later), and K100D Super. If you have K10D with firmware version 1.20 or earlier, download the compatible firmware from this website and install it to your camera. Note 2: Non-SDM K100D and istD series cameras automatically switch over to AF operation using the internal camera motor.
Hood : PH-RBJ77 / Soft-Case : S100-140 Included
JAN-Code / 4961333 129256
Photo by Yoshiaki Kobayashi
Aperture F11, Shutter speed 0.8sec, Focal length 43mm
Aperture F5.0, Shutter speed 1/25sec, Focal length 43mm
Aperture F5.0, Shutter speed 1/1600sec, Focal length 43mm
Aperture F8.0, Shutter speed 1/250sec, Focal length 50mm
Aperture F11, Shutter speed 1/60sec, Focal length 50mm
Photo by GION
Aperture F8.0, Shutter speed 4sec, Focal length 43mm
Photo by GION
Aperture F8.0, Shutter speed 1/125sec, Focal length 50mm
Aperture F2.8, Shutter speed 1/60sec, Focal length 50mm
Features / Specifications
- Focal length equivalent to 24.5mm to 76.5mm in 35mm film format
- This lens has a zoom ratio of 3X or larger from super wide to telephoto for providing an expanded regular shooting range.
- Combining F2.8 brightness with a compact, lightweight design
- The lens features a large F2.8 aperture in a compact size that is less than 100 mm in length. It enables a broad array of shooting, including landscapes, snapshots, and portraits.
- ED (extra-low dispersion) and AL (aspherical lens)
- Two ED (extra-low dispersion) glass lenses and three aspherical lenses (two glass-molded lenses and one hybrid lens) are used to correct the chromatic aberration and spherical aberration for enabling delineation performance at all focal lengths.
- IF (inner focus) system
- The lens length does not change during focusing for easy handling without becoming unbalanced.
- Dust-resistant and weather-resistant construction
- The various lens components have been sealed for enabling a dust-resistant and weather-resistant construction that was not possible in conventional lenses. This prevents the entry of water and dust into the lens. When combined with the dust-resistant and weather-resistant body of the K10D, this enables superior weather-resistant performance.
- Quick-Shift Focus System
- If you turn the focus ring after focusing by the AF, focusing instantly switches to the manual focus. This enables smooth focusing operations without the need for a switching operation.
- SP (super protect) coating
- A special coating is used on the front lens for repelling water and oils. This enables any water and oils on the lens to be easily removed for effective protection of the lens surface.
|Focal length (Equivalent to 35mm format)||16-50mm(24.5-76.5mm)|
|Angle of View||83°-31.5°|
|Lens construction||15 elements / 12 groups|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9|
|Closest focusing distance||0.3m|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.21x|
|Diameter x length||84 x 98.5 mm|
Compatible converters (Click here for details)A1.4X-S A2X-S