Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using GR digital camera.
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 4.00 for GR.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Add the following enhanced features （V4.00）
- Added [Shift Crop] on [Effect] of [Shooting] menu.
- Added [AF Mode] on [Set up] menu. It has two options: [Normal] or [High speed].
- Added [Card Sequence No.] on [Setup] menu. It has two options: [On] or [Off].
- Added [Playback Animation] on [Setup] menu. It has two options: [On] or [Off]
- When deleting an image taken with RAW+ on Playback Mode, [Delete RAW+ JPEG], [Delete JPEG only] or [Delete RAW only] can be selected instead of [Delete One].
＊For more details click here
Changes to V4.00
- Improved operational performance for [Aperture Preview].
- Improved stability for USB connection with Mac.
*Contents of [Version 3.00] and earlier version will be also updated.
Add the following enhanced features （V3.00）
- Added [Slight] on [Effect] of [Shooting] menu.
- Added [AFL Focus Setting] on [Key Custom Options] menu.
- Added [Ambient Brightness] on [Setup] menu.
- Added [Folder Name Setting] on [Setup] menu.
- [Change Shutter Speed] will be set in increments of 1/3 steps when [ISO Step Setting] is set to [1/3EV].
- Added [Aspect Ratio] to the parameters of [RAW Development] on [Playback] menu.
Add the following enhanced features （V2.03）
*Numbers in the () indicate reference page on the operating manual.
- Shutter speed at the maximum aperture can be set up to 1/2500 seconds.
- Changed the order of the icons for No.21 to No.25 in the shooting display (p.18).
<Switching from Playback Mode to Shooting Mode> (p.28)
Pressing the shutter release button fully after starting up the camera in playback mode can switch to shooting mode.
Added 47mm crop (in 35mm format).
Former [Crop to 35mm] has changed into [Crop]. It has three options: [OFF], [35mm] and [47mm].
When [35mm] or [47mm] is selected, [35mm] or [47mm] appears instead of [CROP] on the shooting screen (p.18).
- When set to [47mm], the angle of view is equivalent to 47mm (in 35mm format).
- When set to [47mm], [L] or [M] cannot be selected in [Format/Size] of the [Picture Format], and RAW files will be recorded as [S]
- If [28/35mm] or [28/35/47mm] is registered with [Set Fn1 Button], [Set Fn2 Button] or [Effect Button Setting] of the [Key Custom Options] menu, the angle of view can be changed each time pressing the correspondent button（p.107）
<P Mode Selection>
Added the program diagram in [Max Aperture Prior.].
Newly added [P Mode Selection] (can be set only in P mode and M mode) has two options: [Normal] and [Max Aperture Prior.] (Maximum Aperture Priority).
When [Max Aperture Prior.] is set in P mode, [PA] appears on the shooting screen.
- When [Program] is selected in [One Press M Mode] of the [Key Custom Options] menu (p.42), the aperture value and shutter speed are adjusted according to the [P Mode Selection] setting you set.
【Key Custom Options Menu】(p.118-119)
<Shutter Button Confirmation>
Added [Shutter Button Confirmation].
When set to [On], pressing the shutter release button halfway can save the settings in ADJ. mode or in exposure compensation.
<Eye-Fi RAW Transfer>
Added [Eye-Fi RAW Transfer] (available only when using Eye-Fi cards which support RAW files).
It has two options: [Allow] and [Deny]. When [Deny] is selected at [Eye-Fi transfer Selected Images], RAW files are not transferred.
<Displays the Number of Remaining Images to be Transferred>(p.97)
When transfer images using [Eye-Fi transfer Selected Images], the number of remaining images to be transferred can be displayed on the playback screen.
<File Name of Transferred Images>(p.97)
Image files with a folder number of over 200 can also be transferred at [Eye-Fi transfer Selected Images].
The file names of transferred images are below:
Last two digits of the folder name + last six digits of the file name
Changes to V2.03
- Exif tag [Manufacturer of image input equipment] change to RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
- When focus is set with [Multiple AF], AFL is spot AF
- Improved image quality for dark section when developing Dynamic Range Compensation [Strong] setting by RAW Development function of GR camera for RAW file that captured image with the Dynamic Range Compensation [Strong].
- When LCD Confirmation time is set [HOLD] and taking image with [Custom Self-Timer], automatically taking next image with setting Shooting interval.
- Improved image quality when developing RAW file with combining brightness correction and limb darkening correction.
- Standard icon is displayed when taking image with setting Image Setting to Standard and playback with detail information display mode.
- Improved color reproduction of white balance [Multi-P AUTO] for some scenes.
- Improved ColorMatrix for setting of DNG file.
- Improved image quality for taking image with ISO 1600 to 3200 and Noise Reduction setting [Weak],[Medium],[Strong] and [Auto].
- Improved stability when selecting transfer by Eye-Fi.
- Only GR users are permitted to download the firmware update
Firmware Update Software for GR
||Firmware Update Software for GR
||rg1_v004.zip (zip type file 7,692 Kbytes)
|Updated firmware file
||Zip type (For Windows/Macintosh)
||RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
How to check version
-  Turn ON the camera.
-  Press MENU/OK button and press Fn1 button.
-  Press WB button to display [Set-up ] menu screen.
-  Press flash button and Select [Confirm Firmware Version].
-  Press flash button.
The firmware version for camera is displayed on the [Confirm Firm Version] screen.
Preparation of update
- Blank, formatted SD card (16MB or more)
- USB cable
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- SD card reader or a computer with a SD card slot.
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card using a memory card reader / writer.
- Fully charged battery
*Be sure to use fully charged battery
If the camera turns off during updating due to lack of battery power, the camera will become inoperable. If this happens, a charge will be made for repairs even if within the warranty period.
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows/Macintosh :rg1_v004.zip 7,692 Kbytes, zip type
-  ] Provide a formatted SD memory card for the update software.
The download file is self-extracting. The following file is extracted.
- rg1_v004.frm: This is the updated firmware
Copy the above Firmware file [rg1_v004.frm] to the root directory in the SD card.
If your computer does not have a card slot, you can copy the firmware update file by inserting the SD card into your camera and then connecting the camera directly to your computer.
-  Insert the battery into the camera and confirm the battery is full by battery level indicator then turn the camera off.
-  Insert the update SD card (prepared in step 1) into the camera and close card cover.
-  Turn the camera power on.
-  Press MENU button and press Fn1 button.
-  Press WB button to display [Set-up] menu screen.
-  Press flash button and Select [Confirm Firmware Version].
-  Press flash button
Current version and new version will be displayed.
*If firmware file is not saved to SD card correctly, this screen will not be displayed.
-  Select [Yes] and press MENU/OK button.
- *The firmware update will start.
- *Do not turn OFF the camera while updating.
-  When update is completed, “Firmware update complete” will be displayed
-  Press MENU/OK button then remove the SD card from camera.
*Confirm the version of firmware with above [How to check version].
When updating is finished, the update SD card still contains the Firmware file.
If you want to use this card to take pictures, format the card by the camera to delete firmware file first.
- This software may only be used by users who own the GR
- This software is covered by a software license agreement. Please read the software license agreement before downloading the software.
- You will have agreed with this software license agreement when the download starts.
Firmware Update Software for GR Software License Agreement
The customer (hereinafter "the user") shall verify the following items below related to the use of the licensed software supplied to the user by RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. The download starts when you press "I agree. Start download." on this software license agreement.