FAQs - USB Connections
- 1) Review basic points
- 2) Checking Device Manager settings (A)
- 3) Checking Device Manager settings (B)
- 4) Reference: Warning messages under Windows XP SP2
RICOH Gate La for Windows XP
This area provides step by step troubleshooting on USB connections when you are using Caplio Software (RICOH Gate La) in the Windows XP system.
1. Review basic Points
Please review one by one to follow instructions.
1-1) Login as an Administrator when installations
Whenever you install USB drivers, please login as an administrator, or as any user who has an administrative right. If you login other users, installations may not be completed correctly. In such a case, please try reinstalling USB drivers after administrator login.Note: Do not connect a camera to a computer prior to installations, or during installations. Otherwise, it may cause a problem that a computer does not detect a camera properly.
1-2) Check an USB cable, an USB port
- •Does an USB cable correctly connet a camera to a computer? Check to a connector is fully seated.
- •If a camera is connected via other devices, such as a USB hub, please try removing them to connect a camera directly to a USB port on a computer.
- •If a computer has a several USB ports, try changing to other USB port.
1-3) Check batteries
- •Are batteries loaded properly?
- •Does batteries has power enough?
Check the battery mark on the LCD screen. If the battery power is not full, replace batteries to a new set, or use a full-recharged battery.
1-4) Check free space on a hard diskCheck if there is free space enough on a hard disk drive in your computer.
In order to transfer images to a computer, it requires the same capacity or more as that of the memory card inserted in the camera.