HD PENTAX-DA 16-85mmF3.5-5.6ED DC WR
A high-performance zoom lens which provides wide zoom coverage from ultra-wide-angle to telephoto
This interchangeable zoom lens not only provides the high 5.3-times zoom ratio, but it also features: the PENTAX-exclusive HD coating to deliver sharp, clear images even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight; an ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element to effectively compensate for chromatic aberrations; and aspherical optical elements to minimize color bleeding. Its weather-resistant body makes it extremely dependable and durable under demanding outdoor conditions.
Hood : PH-RBA72 Included, Case : S90 Optional
JAN-Code / 4549212 276804
Aperture F8.0, Shutter speed 1/20sec, Focal length 35mm Photo by Toshiki Nakanishi
Aperture F8.0, Shutter speed 1/80sec, Focal length 39mm Photo by Toshiki Nakanishi
Aperture F8.0, Shutter speed 1/4sec, Focal length 85mm Photo by Toshiki Nakanishi
Aperture F8.0, Shutter speed 1/30sec, Focal length 16mm Photo by Toshiki Nakanishi
Aperture F8.0, Shutter speed 1/400sec, Focal length 31mm Photo by Sonoe
Aperture F8.0, Shutter speed 0.4sec, Focal length 43mm Photo by Sonoe
Aperture F11, Shutter speed 2.5sec, Focal length 16mm Photo by Sonoe
Features / Specifications
- Versatile, 5.3-times zoom lens covering ultra-wide angles
- This zoom lens offers a zoom ratio of approximately 5.3 times to cover the ultra-wide-angle to telephoto ranges (for focal lengths equivalent to 24.5mm to 130mm in the 35mm format). In addition to the most commonly used focal lengths, it provides ultra-wide-angle coverage to produce distinctive, creative visual expressions, such as an exaggerated perspective or an extra-wide depth of field. The versatile zoom lens comes in handy for a wide variety of scenes and subjects, including sweeping landscapes and cramped rooms.
- Exceptional imaging power to optimize the performance of super-high-resolution cameras
- Consisting of 16 optical elements in 12 groups, the lens features one ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element and three high-grade aspherical elements to minimize spherical and chromatic aberrations and suppress color bleeding. In order to accommodate a super-high-pixel image sensor installed in an SLR camera body, its MTF (Modulation Transfer Function) curve is programmed to be higher than those of conventional models in the same class to deliver high-resolution, fine-detailed images.
- HD Coating to improve image description
- This lens is treated with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating. Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating assures higher light transmittance and less reflection to deliver bright, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight.
- Quick-Shift Focus system
- The lens is equipped with the PENTAX-developed Quick-Shift Focus system, which allows the user to instantly switch to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system.
- Weather-resistant construction
- The lens features a dependable weather-resistant construction with eight special seals to effectively prevent the intrusion of water into the lens interior. By pairing it with a weather-resistant digital SLR camera body, it assures a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings — even in rain or mist, or in locations prone to water splashes or spray.
- Other features
- ・SP (Super Protect) Coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel water and grease
・Rounded diaphragm to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources
・Smooth, quiet autofocus operation, driven by the built-in DC motor
- 【MTF Chart】
- Geometric optics MTF (MTF calculated without referencing the effects of light diffraction phenomenon)
- Wave optical MTF (MTF calculated referencing the effects of light diffraction phenomenon)
Spatial Frequencies S:Sagittal M:Meridional 10 lines/mm 30 lines/mm
Since it is impossible to avoid light diffraction phenomenon on the actual lens, wave optical MTF is more realistic.
However, geometric MTF is appropriate if you want to compare only the effects of geometric aberration correction on MTF.
|Focal length (Equivalent to 35mm format)||16-85mm(24.5-130mm)|
|Angle of View||83°-19°|
|Lens construction||16 elements / 12 groups|
|No. of diaphragm blades||7|
|Closest focusing distance||0.35m|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.26x|
|Diameter x length||78 x 94 mm|
Compatible converters (Click here for details)A1.4X-S A2X-S