Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using GR III digital camera.
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.10 for GR III.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.10
- Improved AF performance in dark places and low contrast.
- Correspond to Image Sync connection.
*Please use with Image Sync version (2.0.4) or later.
*With Image Sync version (2.0.4), you can only view and transfer images via a wireless LAN connection.
- Improved stability for general performance.
- Only GRIII users are permitted to download the firmware update
Firmware Update Software for GR III
||Firmware Update Software for GR III
||gr3_v110.zip (zip type file 26,365 Kbytes)
|Updated firmware file
||Zip type (For Windows/Macintosh)
||RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
How to check version
-  Turn ON the camera.
-  Press MENU button.
-  Operate 4-way button and display [About This Device] of [Setup menus]
-  Operate 4-way button and select [Firmware Info / Options] then press 4-way button right.
-  The firmware version for camera is displayed on the [Firmware Info / Options] screen.
Preparation of update
- GR III camera body.
- Blank, formatted SD card. (formatted by GR III) (32MB or more)
- • .Computer with a SD card slot.
*If the computer does not have a SD card slot, SD card reader / writer is needed.
- Fully charged battery (DB-110) or AC adapter kit K-AC166J.
*Be sure to use fully charged battery
If the camera turns off during updating due to lack of battery power, the camera will become inoperable. If this happens, a charge will be made for repairs even if within the warranty period.
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows/Mac: gr3_v110.zip 26,365 Kbytes, zip type
-  Provide a formatted SD memory card for the update software.
The download file is self-extracting. The following file is extracted.
- fwdc239b.bin: This is the updated firmware
Copy the above Firmware file [fwdc239b.bin] to the root directory in the SD card.
-  Insert the battery into the camera and confirm the battery is full by battery level indicator then turn the camera off.
-  Insert the update SD card (prepared in step 1) into the camera and close card cover.
-  Turn the camera power on while pressing [Menu] button.
-  [Update the camera firmware] is displayed
Select [Execute] by 4-way button and press [OK] button.
-  The firmware update will start and [Updating] is displayed.
*Do not turn OFF the camera while updating.
-  When update is completed, “Update completed” will be displayed
-  Turn OFF the camera and remove the SD card from camera.
*Confirm the version of firmware with above [How to check version].
When updating is finished, the update SD card still contains the Firmware file.
If you want to use this card to take pictures, format the card by the camera to delete firmware file first.
- This software may only be used by users who own the GR III
- This software is covered by a software license agreement. Please read the software license agreement before downloading the software.
- You will have agreed with this software license agreement when the download starts.
Firmware Update Software for GR III Software License Agreement
The customer (hereinafter "the user") shall verify the following items below related to the use of the licensed software supplied to the user by RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. The download starts when you press "I agree. Start download." on this software license agreement.