A lineup of compact APS-C-format lenses featuring outstanding portability and distinctive, stylish exterior designs.
- An attractive exterior design that creates the desire for possession,
while assuring outstanding,
- Including the HD PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 Limited, a lens commonly categorized as a pancake lens, the PENTAX DA Limited series offers a lineup of interchangeable lenses with excellent portability. These lenses provide the anticipation for, and the excitement of, a great photographic experience.
- Meticulously machined from top-quality aluminum, the lens exterior provides a sense of quality and elegance different from those of the camera body, giving your camera system a more attractive appearance, while upgrading the quality of your images.
- Exclusively designed lens hoods to
match the character of individual lenses
- In order to assure optimum light-shielding performance while enhancing the design and ease of storage, PENTAX invented a different structure for the lens hood of each individual lens.
- Each lens hood features either compact dimensions and/or an extendible structure to eliminate the need for its removal from the lens when carrying the lens. Just remove the exclusively designed cap from the front end of the hood, and you can immediately start your shooting session.
- High-precision manufacturing by
- The exterior of the Limited-series lenses is assembled from high-quality aluminum components, meticulously machined by expert craftsmen without the use of molds.
- The HD PENTAX-DA 15mmF4ED AL Limited features
a screw-on front cap machined by the same craftsman, so that it forms a perfect pair with a lens body. This means that the PENTAX logo engraved on the cap stays at the right position when the cap is screwed on.
- This unique manufacturing process, totally disregarding normal thinking about mere productivity, is made possible by the technological expertise of PENTAX’s lens factory in Hanoi, Vietnam. This facility specializes in high-mix, low-volume production by making use of the exceptional skills handed down to our craftsmen.
- HD Coating
- Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this new-generation multi-layer coating greatly improves the lens’s anti-reflection performance.
- Round iris diaphragm
- The round iris diaphragm makes light sources appear to be enveloped in soft, circular light. It also produces a beautiful, gentle bokeh (defocus) effect, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources caused by diffraction.
- Quick-Shift Focus System
- This system lets you instantly switch to manual-focus operation simply by turning the focus ring after the subject has been captured in focus by the camera’s autofocus system. It assures quick, effortless focus-mode changes by eliminating the need for AF/MF switching on the camera body.
Compact, ultra-wide-angle lens
with great portability
HD PENTAX-DA 15mmF4ED AL Limited
By limiting the maximum aperture to F4, PENTAX designed this lens to be extremely compact and lightweight (189 grams) while providing a 23mm wide angle of view in the 35mm format. This ultra-wide-angle lens is easy to carry, and ideal for casual snapshot photography.
With its reduced distortion, this lens can capture dramatic images of artificial structures. Thanks to the reduced curvature of the lens’s front surface, it even lets you attach a filter. Integrated into the front frame, the extendible lens hood also facilitates the operation of attached filters, such as a PL filter.
Ultra-slim, wide-angle lens,
ideal for snapshot photography
HD PENTAX-DA 21mmF3.2AL Limited
In order to limit the thickness to 25 millimeters, PENTAX optimized the focal length and open aperture. Thinking about the common practice of simply moving a step closer to the subject in wide-angle photography, the lens incorporates a Floating Lens System to improve imaging performance in close-up photography, despite a limited space inside the lens barrel.
The lens provides a 32mm angle of view in the 35mm format and a moderate depth of field, an ideal combination for snapshot photography.
In order to avoid compromising its ultra-slim design, a 43mm-diameter filter can be attached to the inside of the lens hood.
Life-size macro lens that can be used as
a regular-use standard lens
HD PENTAX-DA 35mmF2.8 Macro Limited
Designed to be a standard lens with close-up capacity, this lens provides a standard angle of view of 53.5mm in the 35mm format. As a Limited-series lens, it’s designed to be compact and lightweight, with life-size macro magnification.
The optics have been designed to produce a true-to-life depth of field and lively subject description. The combination of the Quick-Shift Focus System and a focus ring providing easy fingertip operation — one of the distinctive features of the Limited series — assures outstanding operability, even in the manual-focus mode.
Pancake lens with a thickness of
HD PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 Limited
Measuring only 15mm in thickness — the slimmest of all pancake lenses — this ultra-slim pancake lens maximizes the benefit of the APS-C format. Featuring a focal length of 61mm in the 35mm format, a moderate telephoto angle of view and a casual appearance, it comes in handy with a variety of scenes, ranging from snapshots in a city to portraits of people nearby.
Despite its ultra-slim design, the simplified optics assure outstanding imaging performance, delivering the clear, well-defined images expected from a single-focus lens.
The unique-looking dome-shaped lens hood has been designed to work perfectly with the ultra-slim design of the lens body, and accepts a 30.5mm filter on its inner side.
Moderate-telephoto lens to capture changes in the subject’s texture
HD PENTAX-DA 70mmF2.4 Limited
Inheriting the aberration-control technology developed for the smc PENTAX-FA 77mmF1.8 Limited, this moderate-telephoto lens has been designed with a primary focus on controlling the texture of the subject in captured images — softer in rendition around an open aperture, and sharper at closed-down apertures.
With its 107mm angle of view in the 35mm format — an ideal angle for rendering images as if gazing at a single element with the naked eye — it can also be used to capture everyday scenes, in addition to soft-rendition portraits.
The extendible lens hood is integrated into the lens’s front frame, to optimize both light-shielding performance and portability.
Standard zoom lens assuring faithful expression of the photographer’s
HD PENTAX-DA 20-40mmF2.8-4ED Limited DC WR
This zoom lens covers the wide-angle to moderate-telephoto ranges, with a primary focus on a natural perspective close to that of the naked eye. Its ability to flexibly zoom in and out lets you discover a new style of lens work.
The lens delivers the high-resolution images expected of the latest models, while retaining the soft-rendition images typical of the Limited series. It’s also the only Limited-series lens featuring quiet autofocus operation driven by a lens-installed motor and a weather-resistant construction, making it highly versatile in diversified applications.