Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using a RICOH WG-30W digital camera.
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.01 for RICOH WG-30W .
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.01
- Improved operational performance when viewing images by using Chrome from Android terminal.
- Only RICOH WG-30W users are permitted to download the firmware update.
Firmware Update Software for RICOH WG-30W
|Firmware Update Software for RICOH WG-30W
|WG30W_V101.zip (13,923 Kbytes)
Turn the power on while pressing the MENU button. The Firmware version is displayed for about 5 seconds at the left of the LCD monitor.
|Updated firmware file
|For Mac and windows : zip type
|RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
How to check version
-  Turn the power on while pressing the MENU button.
-  The Firmware version is displayed for about 5 seconds at the left of the LCD monitor.
Perform the above operation without inserting the SD/SDHC card containing Firmware in the camera.
Preparation of update
- Blank, formatted SD/SDHC card (32MB or more)
- USB cable 2.0 (micro B)
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- SD card reader or a computer with a SD card slot.
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card using a memory card reader / writer.
- Fully charged battery (D-LI92)
*Be sure to use fully charged battery (D-LI92)
If the camera turns off during updating due to lack of battery power, the camera will become inoperable. If this happens, a charge will be made for repairs even if within the warranty period.
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows/Macintosh : WG30W_V101.zip 13,923Kbytes, zip type
- 1. Provide a formatted SD memory card for the update software.
The download file is self-extracting. The following file is extracted.
•Fwdc336p.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy the above Firmware file [Fwdc336p.bin] to the root directory in the SD card.
If your computer does not have a card slot, you can copy the firmware update file by inserting the SD card into your camera and then connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- Insert the D-LI92 battery into the camera and confirm the battery is full by battery level indicator then turn the camera off.
- Insert the update SD card (prepared in step 1) into the camera and close card cover.
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button.
- "PROGRAM UPDATE" appears in the LCD monitor.
NEW VERSION IS
will be displayed.
- Press the four-way controller to select "YES" and press the "OK" button.
- "NOW LOADING" appears on the LCD monitor and updating starts.
Please do not under any circumstances switch off the power before the update is completed.
- When update is completed, the "COMPLETE" will be displayed at the left of the LCD monitor, then turn the camera off.
- Remove the update SD card from the camera.
*Confirm the version of firmware with above [How to check version].
When updating is finished, the update SD card still contains the Firmware file.
If you want to use this card to take pictures, format the card by the camera to delete firmware file first.
- This software may only be used by users who own the RICOH WG-30W
- This software is covered by a software license agreement. Please read the software license agreement before downloading the software.
- You will have agreed with this software license agreement when the download starts.
Firmware Update Software for RICOH WG-30W Software License Agreement
The customer (hereinafter "the user") shall verify the following
items below related to the use of the licensed software supplied to the user
by RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
The download starts when you press "I agree. Start download." on this software license agreement.