Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using a PENTAX X90 digital camera.
PENTAX wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.01 for X90.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.01
- Eye-Fi function setting can be maintained when turn off the camera
- When transfer the image data by using Eye-Fi card, the image data can be transferred until battery indicator shows yellow
[Precaution for using Eye-Fi card]
- It does not support Endless mode function for X2 card.
- Card that are unused or that have been used on other devices, such as another camera or a computer, must first be formatted on this camera. Note that formatting a card erases all the data on the card
- Only X90 users are permitted to download the firmware update.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for X90
||PENTAX Firmware Update Software for X90
||x90e101w.exe (For Windows 4,089 Kbytes) , x90e101m.zip (For Mac 3,959 Kbytes)
To check the version number, turn your camera on while holding down the MENU button.
The version number will appear in the center of the LCD screen.
|Updated firmware file
||For Windows : LHA self-extract file, For mac : zip type
||RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Preparation of update
- Blank, formatted SD/SDHC card (32MB or more)
- USB cable I-USB7
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD/SDHC card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- SD/SDHC card reader or a computer with a SD/SDHC card slot
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD/SDHC card using a memory card reader / writer.
- Fully charged battery (D-LI106)
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows : x90e101w.exe --- 4,089 Kbytes, LHA type, self-extracting files
- For Macintosh : x90e101m.zip --- 3,959 Kbytes, zip type
Extract downloaded file
The following two files will be generated once the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking.
- readme.txt: The text file that explained update procedure in details.
- fwdc318p.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy fwdc318p.bin file to SD card
After formatting the SD/SDHC card, copy the fwdc318p.bin file to the route directory of the SD/SDHC card.
Please read the readme.txt file attached to the firmware update before updating the firmware.