Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using RICOH WG-6 digital camera.
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.01 for RICOH WG-6.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.01
- Improved the power control when the power is turned off with the GPS function ON.
- Improved the phenomenon that noise is rarely generated in the image that could not be processed shake reduction when the electronic Shake Reduction mode was turned on.
- Only RICOH WG-6 users are permitted to download the firmware update.
Firmware Update Software for RICOH WG-6
||Firmware Update Software for RICOH WG-6
||wg6_v101.zip (zip type file 17,625 Kbytes)
|Updated firmware file
||Zip type (For Windows/Mac)
||RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
How to check the firmware version
-  Turn ON the camera.
-  Press MENU button.
-  Operate 4-way button and display 4/5 page of the [Setup menus]
-  Operate 4-way button and select [Version Info] then press 4-way button right.
-  The firmware version for camera is displayed on the [Version Info] screen.
Preparation of update
- RICOH WG-6 camera body.
- A blank SD card which is formatted by RICOH WG-6 (32MB or more)
- Computer with a SD card slot.
Windows® 10 (FCU/CU) (32bit/64bit) / Windows® 8.1(32bit/64bit) / Windows® 8(32bit/64bit) /
macOS v10.14 Mojave / macOS v10.13 High Sierra / macOS v10.12 Sierra / macOS v10.11 El Capitan /
OS v10.10 Yosemite
*If the computer does not have a SD card slot, SD card reader / writer is required.
- Fully charged battery (DB-110) or AC adapter kit K-AC166.
*Be sure to use fully charged battery. If the camera turns off during updating due to lack of battery power, the camera will become inoperable. If this happens, a charge will be made for repairs even if within the warranty period.
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows/Mac: wg6_v101.zip 17,625 Kbytes, zip type
- Provide a formatted SD memory card for the update software.
The download file is compressed file, so that it needs to be extracted. The following file is extracted file.
•FWDC348P.BIN: This is the updated firmware
Copy the above Firmware file [FWDC348P.BIN] to the root directory of the SD card.
- Insert the battery into the camera and confirm the battery is full by battery level indicator then turn the camera off.
- Insert the update SD card (prepared in step 1) into the camera and close card cover.
- Press + buttons at same time.
- [Update the camera firmware] is displayed
Select [Execute] by 4-way button and press [OK] button.
- The firmware update will start and [Updating] is displayed.
*Do not turn OFF the camera while updating.
- When update is completed, [Update completed] will be displayed
- Turn OFF the camera and remove the SD card from camera.
*Confirm the version of firmware with above [How to check version].
When updating is completed, the update SD card still contains the Firmware file.
If you want to use this card to take pictures, format the card by the camera to delete firmware file first.
- Setup menu initialization procedure
It is recommended to initialize the setting menu according to the following procedure to improve the stability of operation after the firmware upgrade.
It is also recommended to save the setting change items before initialization as it will return to the settings at the time of purchase when executing initialization.
First, make sure that [Setup] menu 5/5, [Initialized Setting] is set to [Customize ON].
Next, [Setup] menu 5/5 [Reset] => [Execute] => [OK] button => [Completed].
- This software may only be used by users who own the RICOH WG-6.
- This software is covered by a software license agreement. Please read the software license agreement before downloading the software.
- You will have agreed with this software license agreement when the download starts.
Firmware Update Software for RICOH WG-6 Software License Agreement
The customer (hereinafter "the user") shall verify the following items below related to the use of the licensed software supplied to the user by RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. The download starts when you press "I agree. Start download." on this software license agreement.