Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using a PENTAX Q7 digital camera.
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.01 for PENTAX Q7.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.01
- Correspond to [PENTAX-08 WIDE ZOOM].
- Attached lens firmware version can be displayed on [Firmware Info] in the [Set-up 4] menu.
- Improved performance of green button setting on M mode.
- Improved stability for general performance.
- Only PENTAX Q7 users are permitted to download the firmware update.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for PENTAX Q7
||PENTAX Firmware Update Software for PENTAX Q7
||q7_101.exe (For Windows 8,608 Kbytes) , q7_101.zip (For Windows/Mac 8,362 Kbytes)
To check the version number, press the menu button and select [Firmware Info] in the [Set-up 4] menu then press the four-way controller right.
|Updated firmware file
||For Windows : LHA self-extract file, For Windows/ Mac : zip type
||RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
How to check version
-  Turn ON the camera.
-  Press MENU button to display MENU screen.
-  Press the four-way controller right to display [Set-up 4] menu screen.
-  Select [Firmware Info] in the [Set-up 4] menu then press the four-way controller right.
Preparation of update
- Blank, formatted SD card (32MB or more)
- USB cable I-USB7
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- SD card reader or a computer with a SD card slot.
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card using a memory card reader / writer.
- Fully charged battery (D-LI68)
*Be sure to use fully charged battery (D-LI68)
If the camera turns off during updating due to lack of battery power, the camera will become inoperable. If this happens, a charge will be made for repairs even if within the warranty period.
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows : q7_101.exe 8,608 Kbytes, LHA type, self-extracting files
- For Windows/Macintosh : q7_101.zip 8,362 Kbytes, zip type
-  Provide a formatted SD memory card for the update software.
The download file is self-extracting. The following file is extracted.
*Fwdc603p.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy the above Firmware file [fwdc603p.bin] to the root directory in the SD card.
If your computer does not have a card slot, you can copy the firmware update file by inserting the SD card into your camera and then connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- Insert the D-LI68 battery into the camera and confirm the battery is full by battery level indicator then turn the camera off.
-  Insert the update SD card (prepared in step 1) into the camera and close card cover.
-  Turn the camera power on.
-  Press MENU button to display MENU screen.
-  Press the four-way controller right to display [Set-up 3] menu screen.
-  Select [Firmware Version Info] in the [Set-up 3] menu then press the four-way controller right.
The firmware version for the camera and lens are displayed on the [Firmware Version Info] screen.
-  Press the four-way controller right to display update screen.
Press the four-way controller up to select [Start] and press OK button.
*If firmware file is not saved to SD card correctly, this screen will not be displayed.
-  Card access lamp will be blinked and display will be changed from [NOW LODING] to [COMPLETE].
*Do not turn OFF the camera while updating.
*Do not touch the lens unlock button while updating.
-  Automatically turn OFF the camera. (Approx. 5 second)
-  Remove the SD card from camera.
*Confirm the version of firmware with above [How to check version].
When updating is finished, the update SD card still contains the Firmware file.
If you want to use this card to take pictures, format the card by the camera to delete firmware file first.
- This software may only be used by users who own the PENTAX Q7.
- This software is covered by a software license agreement. Please read
the software license agreement before downloading the software.
- You will have agreed with this software license agreement when the download
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for PENTAX Q7 Software License Agreement
The customer (hereinafter "the user") shall verify the following
items below related to the use of the licensed software supplied to the user
by RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. (hereinafter "PENTAX ").
download starts when you press "I agree. Start download." on this
software license agreement.