Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using a PENTAX K10D digital camera.
PENTAX wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.31
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.31
- Improved stability of recording image for some SDHC Memory card.
Changes to V1.30
- Correspond to PENTAX DA lens which built-in supersonic motor (SDM System)
Changes to V1.20
- Correspond to PENTAX REMOTE Assistant 3
Changes to V1.11
- Correspond to development in the RAW data camera when multiple exposing.
- When built-in flash is used the luminescence control by the trailing-shutter-curtain
sync was corrected.
Changes to V1.10
The following function has been added in version 1.10
- Wireless control of external flash through built-in flash.
- Instantly return to centre AF point by one push of button in AF select mode.
- Possible to change ISO setting by dial at TV/AV mode.
- ISO setting change by dial while the ISO setting is being displayed on the
LCD by pushing OK button.
- Green button function in M mode is available at TAv mode (Hyper manual).
- AV and TV switch by dial at P mode.
- Instant return to the default value by green button at strobe light compensation.
The following contents have been corrected.
- In rare case, vertical stripe at long time exposure.
- Released “B exposure” and show battery empty sign when using B mode.
* How to operate the additional functions, Click Here
- Only K10D users are permitted to download the firmware update.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K10D
||PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K10D
||k10e131w.exe (For Windows 1,600Kbytes) , k10e131m.zip ( For Mac 1,521 Kbytes)
||K10D ( Version 1.00 / 1.10 / 1.11/1.20/1.30)
To check the version number, turn your camera on while holding down the MENU
The version number will appear in the center of the LCD screen.
|Updated firmware file
||For Windows : LHA self-extract file, For Mac : zip type
||RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Preparation of update
- Blank, formatted SD card (16MB or more)
- USB cable I-USB17
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card by connecting the
camera directly to your computer.
- PC card reader or a computer with a PC card slot
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card using a memory card
reader / writer.
- Fully charged battery (D-LI50)
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows : k10e131w.exe --- 1,600 Kbytes, LHA type, self-extracting files
- For Macintosh : k10e131m.zip --- 1,521 Kbytes, zip type
Extract downloaded file
The following two files will be generated once
the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking.
- readme.txt: The text file that explained update procedure in details.
- fwdc162.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy fwdc162.bin file to SD
After formatting the SD card, copy the fwdc162.bin file to the route directory of the SD card.
Please read the readme.txt file attached to the firmware update before updating the firmware.