Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using a PENTAX K-7 digital camera.
PENTAX wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.13 for K-7.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.13
Changes to V1.12
- Improved reliability of recording operation when using SDXC memory card.
*If you have already updated to Version1.11, we are very sorry for this inconvenience. Please update to Version 1.12.
Changes to V1.11
Changes to V1.10
- Added Movie editing function on playback mode palette. You can divide a movie into multiple segments and erase unwanted segments from the movie. How to operate the function, Click Here.
- Added Electronic Level indication on the Monitor
- When Mode dial is set M or X and Electronic Level is set to display, exposure meter is indicated both of them in the LCD panel and in the Viewfinder
- Added [Reversal Film] mode on Custom Image function
[PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4] have been updated. For update software, Click Here
- When using Live View, auto focus activate by pressing shutter release button halfway. Also improved focus speed
Changes to V1.03
- Lens Correction (Distortion, Lateral chromatic aberration) is settable for below FA limited lenses.
smc PENTAX-FA 31mmF1.8AL Limited
smc PENTAX-FA 43mmF1.9 Limited
smc PENTAX-FA 77mmF1.8 Limited
- Improved usability by optimize the program of vertical position judgment.
- Improved stability of recording movie for some SDHC Memory card.
Changes to V1.02
- Added [Fine Sharpness 2] which makes image outlines even sharper than [Fine Sharpness] to the Sharpness setting of Custom Image. How to select [Fine Sharpness 2], Click Here
- Improved total image processing performance at the particular shooting condition or setting such as preview image
quality at the "Water Color & Pastel" of Digital Filter mode.
- Improved stability for general performance such as with Battery Grip D-BG4, the rear e-dial may rarely become unstable
in particular shooting condition.
Changes to V1.01
- Added [Operate at AF point"SEL"] on [Custom] menu and it can be selected
either [1 Calling Function Preference] or [2 Select AF point Preference].
When selected [2 Select AF point Preference] and AF point switching dial is set at [SEL], selection of AF point can be
operated priority by the four-way controller.
How to operate additional function, Click Here.
- Improved stability for general performance
For example: when left- end focus point is selected, function of auto focus may rarely become unstable in particular shooting condition.
- Only K-7 users are permitted to download the firmware update.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K-7
||PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K-7
||K7_v113w.exe (For Windows 9,624 Kbytes) , k7_v113m.zip (For Mac 9,529 Kbytes)
To check the version number, turn your camera on while holding down the MENU button.
The version number will appear in the center of the LCD screen.
|Updated firmware file
||For Windows : LHA self-extract file, For mac : zip type
||RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Preparation of update
- Blank, formatted SD/SDHC card (32MB or more)
- USB cable I-USB17
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD/SDHC card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- SD/SDHC card reader or a computer with a SD/SDHC card slot
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD/SDHC card using a memory card reader / writer.
- Fully charged battery (D-LI90)
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows : K7_v113w.exe --- 9,624 Kbytes, LHA type, self-extracting files
- For Macintosh : k7_v113m.zip --- 9,529 Kbytes, zip type
Extract downloaded file
The following two files will be generated once the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking.
- readme.txt: The text file that explained update procedure in details.
- Fwdc204b.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy fwdc204b.bin file to SD card
After formatting the SD/SDHC card, copy the fwdc204b.bin file to the route directory of the SD/SDHC card.
Please read the readme.txt file attached to the firmware update before updating the firmware.
- This software may only be used by users who own the K-7.
- This software is covered by a software license agreement. Please read the software license agreement before downloading the software.
- You will have agreed with this software license agreement when the download starts.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K-7 Software License Agreement
The customer (hereinafter "the user") shall verify the following
items below related to the use of the licensed software supplied to the user
by RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. (hereinafter "PENTAX ").
The download starts when you press "I agree. Start download." on this software license agreement.