Discontinued : Telephoto Lenses
- Single Focus
Exceptional quality super telephoto lens for the ultimate in delineation performance
Exceptional quality super telephoto lens for the ultimate in delineation performance that features an F4 aperture for the highest brightness in its class and use of two ED lenses for sharp, high-contrast images and minimizing chromatic aberration A PF filter is incorporated in the optical system for protecting the front surface of the first lens. The speed of the auto focus can be increased by the focus limiter to enable setting based on the distance to the subject.
Features / Specifications
- 14x zoom equivalent to 27.5mm to 383mm
- This single versatile zoom lens can cover the range from wide-angle shooting needed for indoor photography and snapshots to super telephoto shooting of sports action and wildlife.
- High-performance optical system using ED glass and aspherical lenses
- The optical system uses ED (extra-low dispersion) glass and aspherical lenses to correct the various types of aberration for producing crystal-clear sharp images and for contributing to a compact design of the entire lens body. Inner focus system that keeps the same lens length while focusing
- DA lens specifically for digital SLR cameras
- The lens coating, curvature, arrangement, and other factors in the design were optimized for digital image characteristics to enable minimizing of ghosting and flare. Developed specifically for digital SLR cameras, this lens has an image circle that matches the 23.5mm × 15.7mm imaging element and was designed without an aperture ring.
- Minimum shooting distance of 0.45m over the entire zoom range
- This lens is capable of a maximum shooting magnification of 0.28X for closeup photography. This enables capturing of small flowers and other objects with visual impact.
- Zoom lock mechanism for convenient portability
- This lens includes a lock mechanism for locking the zoom ring at the wide angle end where lens length is shortest. This prevents unintentional changing of the lens length while carrying around.
*This lens does not use the Quick-Shift Focus System.
*The DA lens is specifically for digital SLR cameras. It cannot be used with 35mm film SLR cameras.
|Focal length (Equivalent to 35mm format)||600mm(918mm)|
|Angle of View||2.7°|
|Lens construction||9 elements / 7 groups|
|No. of diaphragm blades||8|
|Closest focusing distance||5.0m|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.13x|
|Diameter x length||176 x 456.5 mm|
Compatible ConvertersA1.4X-S A2X-L