smc PENTAX-DA FISH-EYE10-17mmF3.5-4.5ED[IF]
This distinctive fish-eye zoom combines a 180 degree maximum angle of view with a unique curved visual representation.
The fish-eye lens delivers a unique perspective where the center of the screen is enlarged and the outer edges are curved. It also provides a wide angle of view up to 180 degrees.
Its features make it the choice for photographers who wish to create distinctive works of art. Macro photography from a distance of about 2.5 cm from the lens is possible for emphasizing a sense of perspective and deformation effects. The key point in framing artistic shots is to utilize the characteristic that the straight line passing through the center of the screen is not distorted.
Hood Built-in, Dedicated Lens Caps / Case S80-8 Included
JAN-Code / 4961333 117284
Aperture F8.0, Shutter speed 1/4sec, Focal length 10mm
Aperture F4.0, Shutter speed 1/800sec, Focal length 11mm
Photo by Yoneo Morita
Aperture F6.7, Shutter speed 1/500sec, Focal length 10mm
Photo by Kazutoshi Yoshimura
Aperture F8.0, Shutter speed 1.5sec, Focal length 10mm
Photo by Kazutoshi Yoshimura
Aperture F11, Shutter speed 3sec, Focal length 10mm
Features / Specifications
- Fish-eye zoom providing an angle of view from 180° to 100°
- An angle of view of 180° (at focal length of 10 mm) is a world far beyond the human senses. This lens opens up an expansive world with a heightened sense of perspective and pan-focus effect. Another feature of this lens is that the fish-eye effect can be controlled by the zoom.
- ED glass and inner focus for high-performance optical system
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass is used for providing superior correction for chromatic aberration which reduces imaging performance. This enables high-quality imaging performance without blurring of colors at the edges. Combined with the inner focus system, this enables the lens to provide high image quality in a compact, lightweight design.
- DA lens developed specifically for PENTAX digital SLR cameras
- Designed for compatibility with CCDs having an image circle of 23.5mm×15.7mm. This is a simple lens design without an aperture ring.
- Quick-Shift Focus System for seamless switching from AF to MF
- After focusing by AF, turning the focus ring immediately switches to MF. This eliminates the AF/MF switching operation for enabling smooth operation.
- SP (super protect) coating for protecting the lens surface
- The lens front surface uses a special coating for repelling water and oils. This prevents dirt and dust from adhering to the lens for providing effective protection of the lens surface.
|Angle of View||180°-100°|
|Lens construction||10 elements / 8 groups|
|No. of diaphragm blades||6|
|Closest focusing distance||0.14m|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.39x|
|Diameter x length||68 x 71.5 mm|
Compatible ConvertersA1.4X-S A2X-S （IF disabled)