Discontinued : Telephoto Lenses
smc PENTAX-DA 50-200mmF4-5.6ED
This is a compact, lightweight 4x telephoto zoom lens for easy deployment when shooting.
Despite having a compact size with length of only 78.5mm, this is a telephoto zoom lens equivalent to 300mm. Enables simple and effortless use as a standard zoom lens while allowing large closeups of far subjects. Allows easy and comfortable enjoyment of telephoto lens shooting for sports and wildlife photography and for landscapes and portraits with soft, out-of-focus (bokeh) backgrounds.
Features / Specifications
- 4x telephoto zoom equivalent to 76.5mm to 306mm
- 76.5mm to 306mm 4x zoom in 35mm film format Can be combined with the DA 18-55mm standard zoom lens (equivalent to 27.5mm to 84mm in 35mm film format) to cover virtually all shooting ranges with only two interchangeable lenses.
- Revolutionary design that is compact and lightweight
- Telephoto equivalent to 300mm with 4x zoom in an unbelievably compact, lightweight size. Allows comfortable handling without an imposing appearance that could intimidate subjects when shooting portraits.
- High-performance optical system using ED glass
- The optical system uses extra-low dispersion (ED) glass to enable efficient correction of various types of aberration for delivering crystal-clear sharp images.
- DA lens specifically for PENTAX digital SLR cameras
- The design has an image circle matching the 23.5mm × 15.7mm CCD size. It features a simple lens design without an aperture ring.
- New AF/MF switching mechanism
- Quick-Shift Focus System for AF/MF switching is employed. After focusing by AF, immediately switches to MF if the focus ring is turned. This enables smooth focusing operation without the need for a switching action.
- Includes hood with PL filter operation window
- A window enabling operation of the PL (polarizing) filter is provided in the bottom section of the large-size hood. This provides exceptional ease of operation for landscape photography under clear, expansive skies and other scenes.
|Focal length (Equivalent to 35mm format)||50-200mm(76.5-306mm)|
|Angle of View||31.5°-8.1°|
|Lens construction||11 elements / 10 groups|
|No. of diaphragm blades||6|
|Closest focusing distance||1.1m|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.24x|
|Diameter x length||66.5 x 78.5 mm|
Compatible ConvertersA1.4X-S A2X-S