Discontinued : Standard Lenses
smc PENTAX-FA J28-80mmF3.5-5.6AL
The FA J lenses combine simple functionality and design in a lightweight body.
Iris control is performed on the camera. A new type of plastic aspherical lens is used for the fourth lens for providing sharp imaging performance in a compact, lightweight body weighing only 180g. The zoom has an easy-to-use focal length range and is even capable of taking closeups at a minimum shooting distance of 40cm. This is an easily deployable lens suitable for everyday shooting, including snapshots using the programmed automatic exposure.
Features / Specifications
- Compact, lightweight body
- This is a compact, lightweight lens developed jointly with the new "PENTAX Star ist" 35mm AF SLR camera for providing a well-balanced availability when using together.
- Simple functionality and design
- The lens does not include an aperture ring for simplicity in both functionality and design. Instead, the iris is adjusted on the camera.
- Aspherical lens
- The "smc PENTAX FA J Zoom 28－80mm F3.5－5.6 AL" uses a plastic aspherical lens for the fourth lens for enabling both a compact, lightweight design and sharp imaging performance.
- Exceptional ease of operation
- The lens uses a wide, easy-to-operate zoom ring, anti-slip grips for lens attachment and removal, clear markings for attachment and removal, and other features for enhanced ease of operation combined with a compact, lightweight body.
*When attached to a PENTAX digital SLR camera, the focal length is equivalent to 43mm to 122.5mm in the 35mm film format.
|Focal length (Equivalent to 35mm format)||28-80mm(43-122.5mm)|
|Angle of View||53°-20°|
|Lens construction||8 elements / 8 groups|
|No. of diaphragm blades||6|
|Closest focusing distance||0.4m|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.25x|
|Diameter x length||63 x 67 mm|
Compatible ConvertersA1.4X-S A2X-S （IF disabled）