Converter / AF Lens Adapter
HD PENTAX-DA AF REAR CONVERTER 1.4X AW
The compact, high-performance rear converter which extends the focal length of the main lens by 1.4 times.
This compact, high-performance rear converter not only extends the focal length of the main lens by 1.4 times, but also accommodates the flawless autofocus operation of the main lens, and features a dependable weather-resistant, dustproof construction for all-weather shooting.
Features / Specifications
- 1.4-times focal length extension for telephoto effect
- By mounting this rear converter between the camera body and main lens, the user can extend the focal length by 1.4 times. Measuring only 20 millimeters long, its compact, lightweight design allows the user to more easily reach out to distant subjects.
*When this rear converter is mounted, the lens maximum aperture will be smaller (darker) by 1 step.
- The first PENTAX rear converter to provide AF compatibility
- When coupled with an AF lens, the autofocus operation can be performed by the main lens. This rear converter works perfectly with both the camera-driven AF system and the lens-driven AF system (such as the SDM- and DC- series lenses).
Compatible camera bodies are: K-1 Mark II, K-1, K-70, KP, K-3II, K-S2, K-S1, K-3, K-50, K-30, K-5 II, K-5 II s, K-5, K-01, K-7, and K-r.
- Weather-resistant, dustproof construction for active outdoor shooting
- Equipped with three airtight seals, this model is the first PENTAX rear converter with a weather-resistant, dustproof construction. By combining it with PENTAX’s weather-resistant, dustproof camera body and lens, the user can assemble a dependable digital imaging system that performs superbly even under harsh outdoor conditions, such as in the rain or in a cloud of dust or sand.
- Exceptional optical performance
- Thanks to its state-of-the-art optical design, this rear converter assures the exceptional optical performance that optimizes the potential of the main lens. With the application of PENTAX-developed HD coating ? a high-grade, multi-layer coating designed to minimize reflectance inside the lens while optimizing light transmittance ? it lets the user capture crisp, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost images, even under such adverse lighting conditions as backlight.
*When this converter is mounted between a 35mm full-frame SLR camera body and a D FA-series lens, the image size is automatically cropped to the APS-C format.
|Lens Construction||4elements in 3groups|
|Lens Case||Lens soft case DA70mm Limited|
|Maximum Diameter x Length||Approx.65mm x 20mm (2.6 inch x 0.8 inch)|
|Weight||Approx.126g /4.4 oz|
|Bundle||Case, Body Mount cap, Lens Mount cap|
Weather-resistant, dustproof construction (AW)
Compatible Lenses (2019 March)K-mount Lenses
|Lens Name||Phase-matching AF||Contrast-detection AF|
|smc PENTAX-DA FISH-EYE 10-17mmF3.5-4.5ED[IF]||△||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA 12-24mmF4ED AL[IF]||◯||◯|
|HD PENTAX-D FA 15-30mmF2.8ED SDM WR||◯*2||◯*2|
|smc PENTAX-DA 16-45mmF4ED AL||◯||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA★16-50mmF2.8ED AL[IF] SDM||◯||◯|
|HD PENTAX-DA 16-85mmF3.5-5.6ED DC WR||◯*2||△*2|
|smc PENTAX-DA 17-70mmF4AL[IF] SDM||◯||△|
|HD PENTAX-DA 18-50mmF4-5.6 DC WR RE||△*2||△*2|
|smc PENTAX-DA 18-55mmF3.5-5.6AL WR||△||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA L 18-55mmF3.5-5.6AL||△||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA L 18-55mmF3.5-5.6AL WR||△||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA 18-55mmF3.5-5.6AL||△||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA 18-55mmF3.5-5.6AL II||△||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA 18-135mmF3.5-5.6ED AL[IF] DC WR||△||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA 18-250mmF3.5-6.3ED AL[IF]||△||△|
|smc PENTAX-DA 18-270mmF3.5-6.3ED SDM||△||△|
|HD PENTAX-DA 20-40mmF2.8-4ED Limited DC WR||◯||◯|
|HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mmF2.8ED SDM WR||◯*2||◯*2|
|HD PENTAX-D FA 28-105mmF3.5-5.6ED DC WR||△*2||△*2|
|smc PENTAX-DA★50-135mmF2.8ED[IF] SDM||◯||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA 50-200mmF4-5.6ED||△||△|
|smc PENTAX-DA 50-200mmF4-5.6ED WR||△||△|
|smc PENTAX-DA L 50-200mmF4-5.6ED||△||△|
|smc PENTAX-DA L 50-200mmF4-5.6ED WR||△||△|
|smc PENTAX-DA 55-300mmF4-5.8ED||△||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA L 55-300mmF4-5.8ED||△||◯|
|HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mmF4-5.8ED WR||△||◯|
|HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mmF4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE||△*2||○*2|
|smc PENTAX-DA★60-250mmF4ED[IF] SDM||◯||◯|
|HD PENTAX-D FA★ 70-200mmF2.8ED DC AW||◯*2||△*2|
|HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mmF4.5-5.6ED DC AW||△*2||△*2|
|smc PENTAX-DA 35mmF2.8 Macro Limited||◯||◯|
|HD PENTAX-DA 35mmF2.8 Macro Limited||◯||◯|
|smc PENTAX-D FA MACRO 50mmF2.8||◯||◯|
|smc PENTAX-D FA MACRO 100mmF2.8 WR||◯||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA 14mmF2.8ED[IF]||◯||◯|
|smc PENTAX-FA 31mmF1.8AL Limited||◯||◯|
|smc PENTAX-FA 35mmF2AL||◯||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA 35mmF2.4AL||◯||◯|
|HD PENTAX-FA 35mmF2||◯||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 Limited||◯||◯|
|HD PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 Limited||◯||◯|
|smc PENTAX-FA 43mmF1.9 Limited||◯||◯|
|smc PENTAX-FA 50mmF1.4||◯*3||◯*3|
|smc PENTAX-DA 50mmF1.8||◯||◯|
|HD PENTAX-D FA★50mmF1.4 SDM AW||◯*3||◯*3|
|smc PENTAX-DA★55mmF1.4 SDM||◯*3||◯*3|
|smc PENTAX-DA 70mmF2.4 Limited||◯||◯|
|HD PENTAX-DA 70mmF2.4 Limited||◯||◯|
|smc PENTAX-FA 77mmF1.8 Limited||◯||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA★200mmF2.8ED[IF] SDM||◯||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA★300mmF4ED[IF] SDM||◯||◯|
|HD PENTAX-DA 560mmF5.6ED AW||△||◯|
|smc PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 XS||Attachment disapproved||Attachment disapproved|
|smc PENTAX-DA 21mmF3.2AL Limited||Attachment disapproved||Attachment disapproved|
|HD PENTAX-DA 21mmF3.2AL Limited||Attachment disapproved||Attachment disapproved|
|smc PENTAX-DA 15mmF4ED AL Limited||Attachment disapproved||Attachment disapproved|
|HD PENTAX-DA 15mmF4ED AL Limited||Attachment disapproved||Attachment disapproved|
|smc PENTAX-FA★24mmF2AL[IF]||Attachment disapproved||Attachment disapproved|
|smc PENTAX-FA 28mmF2.8AL||Attachment disapproved||Attachment disapproved|
|smc PENTAX-FA 20mmF2.8||Attachment disapproved||Attachment disapproved|
|smc PENTAX-FA SOFT 28mmF2.8||Attachment disapproved||Attachment disapproved|
|HD PENTAX-DA★11-18mmF2.8ED DC AW||Attachment disapproved||Attachment disapproved|
|smc PENTAX-FA 18-35mmF4-5.6AL||Attachment disapproved||Attachment disapproved|
|smc PENTAX-FA 20-35mmF4AL||Attachment disapproved||Attachment disapproved|
|smc PENTAX-FA 28-90mmF3.5-5.6||Attachment disapproved||Attachment disapproved|
|smc PENTAX-FA 80-320mmF4.5-5.6||Attachment disapproved||Attachment disapproved|
◯: Compatible △: Compatible with condition
*1 Please note the following points when use HD PENTAX-DA AF REAR CONVERTER 1.4X AW.
Phase-matching AF: When you use the lens with "△" , rarely it will not in-focus with Phase-matching AF.
Contrast AF: When you use the lens with "△" , rarely it will not in-focus with Contrast AF.
Attachment disapproved: Do not attached to the lens as the lens might be damaged.
Open aperture will be one stop darker.
AF support confirmed model: K-1 Mark II/K-1/K-70/KP/K-3 II/K-3/K-S2/K-S1/K-50/K-30/K-5II/K-5IIs/K-5/K-01/K-7/K-r (Update of latest body firmware is needed)
With K-7, contrast AF might not in-focus.
- *2 AF support confirmed model: K-1 Mark II/K-1/K-70/KP/K-3 II / K-3 / K-S2 / K-S1 / K-50 / K-30 / K-5II / K-5 IIs / K-5 / K-01 / K-7 / K-r (Update of latest body firmware is needed)
- *3 Open aperture starts from F2.